DELTA GUBERNATORIAL RE-RUN:
POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION TO MONITOR POLICE CONDUCT:
The Police Service commission has concluded arrangements for the monitoring of the conduct of Police Officers on Electoral Duties in the Delta State Re-run Governorship Elections.
2. This is in line with the resolution of the Commission to enforce its Constitutional mandate of ensuring that the Police must not only operate within the ambit of the law but must be accountable for its actions even on Electoral duties. It is also part of the Commission’s contribution to a free, fair and transparent electoral Process in Nigeria.
3. Meanwhile, the Commission has provided ten dedicated Telephone Lines through which the Public can reach its Monitors. The Telephone Numbers are:
(i) DELTA NORTH:
(b) 08060090816; and
(ii) DELTA CENTRAL:
(c) 08060098224; and
(iii) DELTA SOUTH:
(b) 08060098409; and
4. The members of the Public are advised to take advantage of the dedicated lines and report any Police Misconduct or exceptional performance before during and after the Re-run Governorship Elections. The Commission will ensure that such reports receive immediate attention and any reported Police Officers’ Misconduct will receive adequate disciplinary measures.
5. The Commission had in 2010 monitored the conduct of Police during the Governorship Election in Anambra State and the Area Council Elections in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
6. Arrangements are also in place for an elaborate monitoring of the year 2011 General Elections.