The Police Service Commission, in the exercise of powers conferred on it by the Constitution and its enabling Law, held its 20th Plenary meeting on Monday, the 20th of December, 2010 and amongst other decisions promoted a total of (217) Two Hundred and Seventeen Police Officers ranging from the ranks of Superintendent to Commissioner of Police based on seniority, merit, availability of vacancies, favourable APER results and minimum of 3 years on a rank, etc. Please find attached the promoted Officers
2. In all, the Police Service Commission promoted (33) Thirty-Three Deputy Commissioners who had fulfilled all conditions required for elevation to the rank of Commissioners of Police.
3. Similarly, (46) Forty-Six Assistant Commissioners of Police were further elevated by the Commission to Deputy Commissioners of Police while (52) Fifty-Two Chief Superintendents of Police, were promoted to the rank of Assistant Commissioners of Police.
4. In its resolve that no competent officer of the Nigeria Police Force who truly merits promotions shall be denied, the Commission equally approved the promotion of (86) Eighty-Six Superintendents of Police to the rank of Chief Superintendent of Police in the Nigeria Police Force.
5. The Honourable Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mr. Parry B.O. Osayande while congratulating the successful officers, called on them to live up to the new responsibilities their elevation had placed on them. He also admonished all members of the Nigeria Police Force to work hard so as to earn promotion as it is only competence and hard work that would earn an officer promotion.
6. Furthermore, the Commission also approved the Inspector General’s recommendations for the posting of Commissioners of Police to various State Commands.
7. The approved postings are as follows:
i. CP Adeola Adeleke Adeniji , mni, as CP Sokoto State
ii. CP Saliu A. Hashim, mni, as CP Jigawa State
iii. CP Olayinka B. Balogun, fsi, as CP Ekiti State
iv. CP Wilfred E. Obute as CP Nasarawa State
v. CP Bala Hassan, fwc, as CP Abia State
vi. Newly promoted CP Suleiman Olalere Lawal as CP Yobe State
|LIST OF PROMOTED OFFICER 2.pdf||65.98 KB|