At the 23rd Plenary meeting of the Police Service Commission held on Tuesday, 24th May, 2011, and in Exercise of Powers Vested in it by Section 153 (l) and (m) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Police Service Commission (Establishment Act 2001), the Commission took far-reaching decisions in its determination to Reposition and Refocus the Nigeria Police Force for greater Service Delivery to the Nigerian People.
2. The Commission considered and approved the Inspector-General of Police’s Recommendations for the Promotion of some Senior Police Officers.
3. The Commission approved the Promotion of Mrs. Oyeri Fidelia Awogu from Commissioner of Police to Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Notionally from 1st January, 2006 and effective from 20th December, 2010. The Commission was piqued that Mrs. Awogu, spent ten years on a Rank without Promotion. Though retired, the Police Service Commission is committed to Equity and Fairness in all its decisions. Also, Mr. Ephraim U.N. Amakulor was promoted from Commissioner of Police to Assistant Inspector-General of Police with Effect from 24th May, 2011.
4. Similarly, Deputy Commissioners of Police, Ugonna Ejindu Nwakama and Ibrahim K. Idris were promoted to the Rank of Commissioners of Police with effect from 4th February, 2011, and 24th of May, 2011 respectively.
5. Furthermore, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Ogungbe was promoted to the Rank of Deputy Commissioner of Police with Effect from the 24th of May, 2011.
6. The Honourable Chairman of the Commission, Mr. Parry B.O. Osayande, DIG (Rtd.), CFR, OFR, NPm, mni, on behalf of the Commission, while congratulating the Elevated Senior Police Officers still serving, urged them to redouble their efforts towards the provision of Security for Lives and Properties to thrive in Nigeria.